The basis for a more efficient shredder process
Processing shredder feedstock with the aid of EcoRip® Neo always makes good sense both technically and economically. The SICON EcoRip® Neo Pre-Shredder is characterized by a high output at defined particle sizes and is also especially easy to maintain. That makes the EcoRip® Neo series the benchmark in terms of technology and efficiency when it comes to processing shredder feedstock.
The EcoRip® Neo is ideal for both pre-shredding mixed scrap with an optional integrated screening step as alternative to a guillotine shear, as well as for pre-shredding shredder input material prior to loading onto a shredder infeed conveyor. The SICON EcoRip® Neo can also be flexibly used as an effective stand- alone solution or can be subsequently added to an existing system.
Its key advantages include:
- improvement in the performance of the main shredder by up to 30 % with increased reliability (reduced wear and tear and decrease in emissions)
- lower energy costs (kWh/mt of Fe output) with improved quality of scrap (higher density)
In order to realise the advantages of the EcoRip® Neo, the control system of the main shredder is adapted by a SICON automation system.
The EcoRip® Neo leads to a considerable improvement in the performance of your shredder plant with reduced specific total cost of ownership. The result is a significantly improved competitive situation for your company.
EcoRip® Neo and rotors
EcoRip® Neo - Your benefits at a glance
- Generating a homogeneous and coarse-grained scrap
- Material preparation for an efficient sorting of NF metals with integrated Fe separation
- Efficient separation of inert and magnetic fines (oxides)
- Optimized and faster loading of sea containers for scrap export
- Lower specific investment costs compared to conventional shredder systems
- Optimization of filling process of scrap baskets thanks to increase in bulk density of mixed scrap and thus improved use of space
- Decrease in number of scrap baskets used smelting process
- Higher metallurgical yields and thus lower quantities of slag
- Reduction in specific energy costs per ton of raw steel
EcoRip® Neo as upstream addition to a shredder line
- Pre-shredding of bales, auto bodies, mixed scrap – use of bales is thus also possible in smaller shredders
- Separation of inert fines with the aid of integrated screens upstream of the main shredder
- Increase in performance of main shredder (by up to 30 %) with corresponding adaptation of electronic control system of the main shredder
- Significant decrease in wear and tear of main shredder
- Prevention of explosions occurring in the main shredder, thus decrease in emissions
- The combination of EcoRip® Neo and main shredder enables SICON’s dry AirTuning exhaust purification process – Fully automatic operation of entire shredding system possible
- Increase in scrap density due to full box shredding
- Increase in recovery of NF metals thanks to improved preparation
- Quality control of baled scrap
- Prevention of unshreddables being fed into the main shredder, thus resulting in a significantly improved operational reliability
- Segmented rotor for simplified maintenance and customisation options
Efficient pre-shredding at the highest level
The EcoRip® Neo pre-shreds ELV, scrap bales and logs and can then be processed further without any problems.
|EcoRip® 200 Neo||EcoRip® 250 Neo|
|Feed width [mm]||2,000||2,500|
|Top rotor (slow moving) [kW/PS]||120 / 160||205 / 279|
|Bottom rotor (fast moving) [kW/PS]||335 / 455||710 / 965|
|Flipper [kW/HP]||22 / 30||37 / 50|
|Top rotor (adjustable) [min–1]||3-6||3-6|
|Bottom rotor (adjustable) [min-1]||14-20||14-22|
|Output [t/h]: Mixed scrap, ELVs||Up to 70||Up to 100|
|Output [t/h]: Bale density < 0.8 t/m³/50 lbs/ft³||Up to 40||Up to 70|
|Output [t/h]: Bale density < 1.0 t/m³ /62 lbs/ft³||Up to 30||Up to 50-60|
The video shows the operation and advantages of the EcoRip® Neo pre-shredder.
Duration: 1.57 minutes