The solution for the removal of dirt and Non-Ferrous Metals from HMS – Ready for feeding into the EAF
Impurities in HMS, be it non-ferrous or organic impurities, have negative effects on the economic efficiency of the scrap input and can also lead to qualitative problems. Apart from that, avoidable emissions can be the consequence.
A highly efficient and reliable scrap screening process with an integrated metal recovery step that was specifically developed for this application enables a significant improvement in quality, while delivering additional scope of metal recovery at the same time. The innovative combination of efficient screening and magnetic separation produces optimum results.
The HMS cleaning solution from SICON is modular and can be individually adapted to local conditions. SICON also offers processing solutions for the separation of the non-ferrous metals contained, which can be implemented in-line or off-line. With the ReSmelt process, SICON also offers an economical recycling solution for the separated fines.
3D-Sieb für hohe Siebeffizienz mit Selbstreinigungseffekt (optional)
Improving the quality of steel scrap is for SICON the driving force behind the Heavy Metal Scrap (HMS) preparation process. HMS is cleaned intensively and NF metals that are still present are separated. The result is a scrap quality with a considerably higher Fe-content and reduced NF-content (specifically copper and aluminum).
In terms of the requirements of modern recycling management, SICON HMS Cleaning is an important innovation both for shear operators and for quality control in the steel indusytry! SICON also offers processing and recycling solutions for the separated non-ferrous metals and fines.
HMS Cleaning - Your benefits at a glance
- Significant reduction of slag (5-8 %)
- Increase of the liquid yield to 92-95 %
- Reduction of emissions, electricity consumption and consumables
- Throughput up to 300 mt/h
- Reduction of Power On Time of 2-3 min per heat
- Reduction of electric energy consumption of 30-35 kwh per ton of raw steel
- Reduction of lime consumption of more than 8 kg per ton of raw steel
- Secure production thanks to the separation of exposed NF-metals (Copper, Zinc, Aluminum)
- Quick return on investment (ROI)
- Combination of screening and metal separation for efficient cleaning of shear scrap (HMS)
- SICON MagSpin) – Permanent magnet with spinning effect
- 3D-Screening – 3D heavy duty screen elements
- Most efficient system for the separation of (magnetic and non-magnetic) fines
- Fully Automated System – Permanent Mass Balances, Smart Alarm System
- No loss of heavy metal scrap in separated fractions
- Additional proceeds from separated NF metals
- Reliable technology for high throughput
- Delivery to customer specifications, including structural steel and infeed belt (optional)
The compact cleaning plant for the production of clean grist for direct raw material use
Due to its mode of operation, the cascade screen achieves a self-cleaning effect of the clogging of the screen elements. The downstream magnetic drum is operated in overflow mode and consists of a permanent magnet which is characterized by a constant strength of the magnetic field over the entire working width and, unlike electromagnets, is not susceptible to heat.
Technical data - overview of the different models
A scientific paper about HMS Cleaning
Rutger Gyllenram, Niloofar Arzpeyma, Wenjing Wei, Pär G. Jönsson