The perfect processing of cable fractions
Due to their high copper or aluminum content, cable fractions are an important and valuable source of raw materials for non-ferrous secondary metallurgy. Their reprocessing makes an important contribution to the conservation of natural resources. Rising raw material prices and the pursuit of a circular economy attach important significance to the reprocessing of scrap cables.
SICON offers the entire range of equipment for cable processing. This includes the design of processing plants for industrial cable waste of any kind as well as for cable-rich Zurik fractions from ASR processing. The process is individually adapted to the specific requirements and cable quality and to any existing plant technology. The end result is always a high-purity quality of copper and aluminum ground material. SICON attaches great importance to low operating costs and high operational reliability, which is reflected in high plant availability and simplified maintenance.
SICON cable processing plants integrate all the necessary technology to obtain the highest end product qualities: Pre-shredding, granulation, interlacing, screening, density separation, electrostatic and optical sorting. This is completed with the necessary conveying and dedusting technology. Everything competently from a single source.
Purities of almost 100% are achievable with SICON preparation systems. If useful and desired, an online analysis system (EcoScan® Online) can also be integrated, which permanently controls the end product quality and thus offers maximum process reliability.
Copper purity of almost 100%
ICW Processing - Your benefits at a glance
- Reliable separation of foreign material prior to granulation; this prevents any risk of damage to the crushing tools
- Throughputs of between 1,000 and 10,000 kg/h (455 and 4,550 lbs/h)
- Granulators (EcoShred® Cuttec) of extremely rugged design with intensive wear protection for long service life at low operating cost
- Cost-efficient and reliable balling by EcoShred® Imtec
- Effective and complete separation of stainless steel
- Separation into pure copper and aluminum granulate