Separate all your material down to its base metal alloys
A new era begins for the scrap industry with the business opportunities created by the SICON LaserSort. The laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy is currently one of the most exciting developments within the scrap industry. The all-new SICON LaserSort delivers a solution to tackle the growing demand for unmixed aluminum alloys and pure non-ferrous metals as well as the restrictions of the export to Asia.
Previously, density-based X-Ray transmission separation VariSort XRT was the only solution for the separation of cast and wrought aluminum alloys but was restricted by types of separable alloys. With its specific design the SICON LaserSort can separate any specific kind of non-ferrous-metal in one single pass including recovery of 5000 and 6000 aluminum alloy series.
LaserSort - Your benefits at a glance
- In-line separation of up to 15 different metals and alloys in one single pass
- Complete solutions including material presentation
- Supply of customized material qualities to consumers
- Direct access to metal foundries with alloy grade material
- Access to new customer base and refineries
- Precise and individual adjustment of the sorting capabilities to your need
- Throughputs depending on material from 1.0 – 3.0 t/h per line
|Throughput||1-3 mt/h per line (depends on input material)|
|Grain size||1“-6“ (25 -120 mm)|
|Number of splits||Up to 15 fractions (modularly expandable through module construction)|
|Operation mode||Completely automated|
|Material input||Zorba, any Non-Ferrous Mixture, Aluminum, Stainless Steel|
|Output||Any clean alloy fraction|
|Integration||Offline, stand-alone, including material presentation|
This video describes how the SICON LaserSort works and the advantages that result from this new technology.
Duration: 2.06 minutes